Pupils in Key Stages 3 and 4 are taught in small classes and generally within their own year groups. In Key Stage 3 the curriculum includes English, Maths, Science, ICT, PE, Art, DT, PSHE, RE, History, Geography, Drama Music and Cooking. KS3 pupils have a weekly afternoon of enrichment activities.
In Key Stage 4, students can follow a range of appropriate courses:
- Entry Level Certificates in Maths, BTEC PE and BTEC Construction.
- Entry Level Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT.
- Level 1 BTEC courses in PE and Construction.
- Level 1 and Level 2 courses in Functional Skills English, Maths and ICT.
- GCSE Art.
- ASDAN courses, which explicitly grow skills for learning, skills for employment and skills for life. These include the Personal Progress course (Entry Level 1), the Personal Development Program (PDP) and Short Courses in Science, PSHE, Expressive Arts, History and FoodWise.
- AQA Unit Award Scheme to accredit the additional achievements of our pupils, including the cycle maintenance qualification.
All pupils begin Year 11 with a week of personal challenges, either through an Outward Bound residential course or through a week of activities planned to extend students a little more out of their comfort zones.
Year 11 pupils attend one day a week at Richmond-Upon-Thames College, preparing them for life beyond school. This is either on a supported learning course at Entry Level or a Level 1 course in a practical subject such as catering. All Year 11 pupils participate in a two-week block of work experience.
The interesting range of subjects enables all Year 11 pupils to leave with relevant qualifications that prepare them well for the world of work, training and further education